Do you know the CMO aids and how to benefit from them?
The European Union promotes, within the measures for the Common Organization of the Wine Market, the implementation of wine promotion programs in third countries, co-financing, together with the interested beneficiaries, the expenses derived from such programs.
The purpose of this promotional measure is to promote awareness of the characteristics and qualities of Spanish wines, in order to contribute to improving their competitive position and to consolidating or, as the case may be, opening new markets in third countries.
These aids are usually managed by the agencies of each Autonomous Community and help producers to promote their products in third countries outside the European Union.
To carry out this promotion we contemplate concepts as diverse as business trips, trade fairs, creation of the website in other languages, renovation of audiovisual material, market studies, organization of tastings, adhesion to web portals for foreign promotion, sending samples abroad, etc. From our platform we wanted to unify all these services and more to give you a complete experience.
Linked Wine is a pioneering platform that contains the largest online catalog of Spanish wine, beer and spirits exports. Importers from all over the world are already part of our big family and are looking for new products for their portfolio through our platform that offers them actions as varied as training in different regions and varieties, online tastings and virtual fairs.
What if I am a producer? At Linked Wine you have a unique space where you can manage your sales to the whole world, without commissions or intermediaries. With a brand profile and the possibility of adding all your products, selecting prices by country, markets where to show your products and where not to show them, different profiles for the different export managers…
In addition, we have regular online fairs that will help you to enter the markets you choose, training with experts who will reveal the best entry strategies to your country and a lot of complementary services such as sending samples in mini bottles to reach all markets, the creation of corporate videos and photographic dossiers, technical advice and assistance to physical fairs of our hand, market research, web creation in several languages along with your e-commerce and much more. All these concepts can be included in the OCM grants and with them you will be able to position your brand at an international level with a minimum cost.
To whom is CMO aid directed?
- Wine companies.
- Wine producers’ organizations and wine producers’ associations (art 152 and 156 of Regulation (EU) No. 1308/2013, of 17 December).
- Interprofessional organizations defined and recognized (art 157 and 158 of Regulation (EU) No. 1308/2013, of 17 December).
- Professional organizations: professional organizations shall be understood as those that carry out their activity mainly in the wine sector and are recognized at national level in accordance with the regulations in force and that have among their statutory purposes the performance of promotional activities.
- Management and representative bodies of the Protected Geographical Indications and Protected Designations of Origin for wine, as well as their associations.
- Temporary or permanent associations of producers whose purposes include the development of initiatives in the promotion and marketing of wine.
- Cooperatives that market wines produced by them or by their associates.
- Non-profit associative entities owned exclusively by companies in the wine sector whose purposes include the promotion of wines abroad.
- Public bodies with legally established powers to develop actions to promote products and markets in third countries.
What are the eligible actions?
The following are among the eligible actions within the framework of this aid:
- Public relations, promotional and publicity measures highlighting in particular the advantages of Community products in terms of quality, food safety and respect for the environment:
- Trade missions.
- Advertising campaigns of various kinds (TV, radio, press, events, etc.).
- Point-of-sale promotions.
- Web portals for foreign promotion.
- Reverse missions.
- Information offices.
- Press office.
- Product presentations. Tastings.
- Participation in events, fairs and exhibitions of international importance: International fairs and exhibitions, etc., sectorial or general, professional and consumer. Tastings.
- Information campaigns, in particular on the Community systems of designations of origin, geographical indications and organic production:
- Business, professional, opinion leaders and consumer meetings.
- Conferences, seminars, tastings, samplings, etc.
- Studies of new markets, necessary for the search of new commercial outlets:
- Market studies and reports.
- Evaluation of the results of promotion and information measures:
- Evaluation studies of the results of promotional measures.
- The applicant company must be incorporated prior to the date of submission of the application for assistance.
- The applicant must demonstrate economic viability.
- Not to have requested the declaration of voluntary bankruptcy, not to have been declared insolvent in any procedure, not to have been declared bankrupt.
- To be up to date with its tax obligations with the corresponding administrations and payments with the Social Security.
- Eligible investments must not have been started at the time of submitting the application.
Characteristics of the actions and programs
The grant of the aid involves the financing, with Community funds, of up to 60% of the cost of the activities whose purpose is the information and promotion of Spanish wine in the market of third countries.
The degree of execution of the subsidized actions must reach at least 50% of the total budget of the program that was the subject of the last favorable resolution, except in cases of force majeure or exceptional circumstances.
The beneficiary assumes full technical and financial responsibility for the promotional actions and their compatibility with the Community regulations in force.
With the granting of the subsidy, the beneficiary not only assumes responsibility for carrying out the subsidized promotional actions, but also for providing proof that these have been carried out and that the conditions imposed have been fulfilled.
Technical and accounting controls will be carried out to monitor the progress and implementation of the promotional activities.
More information on the web site of the Spanish Agricultural Guarantee Fund: https://www.fega.es/es/regulacion-mercados/sector-vitivinicola/promocion-de-vino-en-terceros-paises